We plan to keep you moving!
Transportation Conformity evaluates future transportation projects to ensure they cause no further harm to air quality. The transportation conformity process is required of all MPOs within nonattainment areas-regions that the United States Environmental Protection Agency has determined do not meet a healthy level of air quality. Bexar County was originally designated as a Marginal nonattainment area for ozone in 2018. In 2022, EPA redesignated the Bexar County nonattainment area as Moderate effective November 7, 2022, with an attainment date of September 24, 2024.
AAMPO is inviting feedback on its draft 2023 Transportation Conformity Document beginning October 30, 2022 through December 1, 2022. Additional information has been added to the document addressing additional requirements for Moderate nonattainment areas. The version of the document originally approved by the Transportation Policy Board on June 27, 2022 addressed only requirements for Marginal nonattainment. Responses to public comments will be incorporated into the draft document. The AAMPO Transportation Policy Board will consider the 2023 Transportation Conformity Document for approval at the December 12, 2022 meeting.
AAMPO will host a public meeting Tuesday, November 15, 2022 at 6 p.m. at TxDOT San Antonio District Headquarters, Building 2 Training Room, located at 4615 NW Loop 410, 78229. A presentation will be followed by an opportunity for public comment.
Official forms of comment are:
- At the public meeting on Tuesday, November 15, 2022 at 6 p.m. at TxDOT San Antonio District Headquarters, Building 2 Training Room, located at 4615 NW Loop 410, 78229.
- Online at www.alamoareampo.org/airquality/conformity
- By email to Clifton Hall: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail to the Alamo Area MPO: 825 South Saint Mary’s Street, San Antonio, TX 78205
- At the Transportation Policy Board meeting during Citizens to be Heard on Monday, December 12, 2022.
Social media is NOT an official form of comment for this process.
Provide feedback below:
2023 Transportation Conformity Document
- Conformity Document (Updated 10/17/2022)
- FHWA Conformity Concurrence Letter - (Pending)
- EPA Conformity Concurrence Letter - (Pending)
- TCEQ Conformity Concurrence Letter - (Pending)
- Conformity Determination - (Pending date of approval)
12.1 - Resolution
12.2 - Mobility 2050 (Locally-Approved on 6/27/2022; Pending Federal Approval)
12.3 - 2023-2026 Transportation Improvement Program (Locally-Approved on 6/27/2022; Pending Federal Approval)
12.4 - Travel Model Validation (Updated on 10/17/2022)
12.5 - VMT, Loaded Speed, and Centerline Mile Summaries (Updated 10/17/2022)
12.6 - Definition of Regionally Significant Roadway System (Updated 5/18/2022)
12.7 - Roadway System (Capacity Staging) and Network Link Listing - Build | No-Build (Updated 10/28/2022)
12.8 - Network Shapefiles (.zip) (Updated 10/17/2022)
12.9 - Mode Choice Model Summaries (Updated 10/17/2022)
12.10 - MOVES Information and Analysis Notes (Updated 10/17/2022)
12.11 - MOVES Input and Output Files (.zip) (Updated 10/17/2022)
12.12 - MOVES Emission Factors (.zip) (Updated 10/17/2022)
12.13 - Estimated Hourly Emissions and Activity (.zip) (Updated 10/17/2022)
12.14 - VMT, Speed, and Emissions Summaries (.zip) (Updated 10/17/2022)
12.15 - Interagency Consultation Process (Updated 5/6/2022)
12.16 - Public Involvement Process