We plan to keep you moving!
The Clean Air Act (CAA) requires transportation conformity for non-attainment and maintenance areas for transportation-related Non-attainment areas are those exceeding current air quality standards. Maintenance areas are those that were previously non-attainment but are currently within the standards.
Should the Alamo Area be found to be a non-attainment area, transportation conformity will apply to both the Transportation Improvement Program and the Metropolitan Transportation Plan, or the short and long range transportation plans for the region. This essentially covers projects funded or approved for funding by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) or the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
Transportation conformity would require that our region do an analysis of the impact planned projects could have on air quality. This ensures transportation and air quality agencies are working together throughout the planning process.
This page will serve as a repository of information related to transportation conformity, the CAA, and other related topics. Please feel free to visit this page frequently for updates on this topic.
Transportation Conformity Repository of Information
- Project Description Lexicon NEW - August 29, 2016
- Regionally Significant Roadway definition presentation (.PDF) NEW - August 22, 2016 (PowerPoint file)
- Transportation Conformity presentation (.PDF) NEW – August 22, 2016 (PowerPoint file)
- Transportation Conformity: A basic guide for State and Local Officials NEW - August 22, 2016
- Regionally Significant Roadway Definition NEW - updated August 11, 2016
- Regionally Significant Roadway definition presentation - June 6, 2016
- TxDOT Presentation on Air Quality and Transportation Conformity - April 25, 2016
- AAMPO Presentation on Air Quality Planning and Transportation Conformity - December 7, 2015
- AACOG Presentation on Air Quality in San Antonio-New Braunfels MSA - December 7, 2015
Links to Related Topics
- Alamo Area Council of Governments (AACOG)
- AACOG - Clean Air Plan
- EPA - Transportation Conformity
- EPA - National Ambient Air Quality Standards
- EPA - Nonattainment Requirements
- FHWA – Transportation Conformity
- TCEQ – Transportation Conformity
- Technical Working Group for Mobile Source Emissions
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)